Eight Levels of Charity:
8. Giving begrudgingly (the lowest level.)
7. Giving less than the proper sum, but cheerfully.
6. Giving after the poor person asks.
5. Giving money directly to a poor person before he/she asks.
4. The recipient knows the benefactor but the benefactor does not know the recipient.
3. The benefactor knows the identity of the recipient but the recipient does not know the benefactor.
2. Giving to the poor in such a way that the benefactor does not know the identity of the recipient nor the recipient that of the benefactor.
1. The highest level of charity is giving a gift, a loan, or a job so that one can become financially independent.